CAN Engineering Worx is a proud contributor to the transformation process in South Africa. As such, we ensure that all our activities are geared towards the upliftment of previously disadvantaged groups and the maintenance of employment equity in our workplace.
Our employment policy:
- CAN Engineering Worx obligations with regard to Employment Equity will be exercised in such a manner that client confidence is not affected.
- Employment Equity is pursued in a manner that ensures existing skills are retained and new skills are developed.
- CAN Engineering Worx appoints staff based on merit and not tokenism.
Our training policy:
We are committed to creating a workplace in which employees are given opportunities to excel. Employee remuneration and benefts are related to ability and dedication, without discrimination of colour, sex or creed.
The company is also committed to the development of employees through an efective skills transfer programme, to ensure rapid employee growth as well as achieving optimum safety standards. The company acknowledges that employee growth is vital in achieving the objectives of the organization.
Our procurement policy:
In the interest of promoting economic empowerment of historically disadvantaged companies, it is and will be the policy of CAN Engineering Worx to procure, if possible. all outsourced products and/or service requirements from companies who qualify as Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) Enterprises.
Our empowerment mission:
To help achieve equity in the business environment and to eliminate unfair discrimination, CAN Engineering Worx has implemented positive measures to redress the disadvantages experienced by designated groups. These include:
- Promoting the constitutional right of equality and exercising true democratic principles.
- Eliminating unfair discrimination in employment and business opportunities.
- Pursuing a diverse workforce that is representative of the South African people.
- Promoting economic development and effciency.
- Redressing historical, legal, social and economic discrimination against designated groups.
- Establishing conditions which will further the creation of equality for all employees to develop to higher level positions, to counter the existing/projected shortfall of adequately trained and experienced staff in the country.
- Ensuring the continued survival, growth and competitiveness CAN Engineering Worx in South Africa by exceeding client expectations.
- Continuing to contribute in building a non-racial, non-sexist South Africa.
- To cultivating a proud and patriotic South African ethos.